Company: Wilson County Hyundai
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Billing ClerkREPORTS TO:
ControllerPOSITION SUMMARYThe Billing Clerk is responsible for
controlling cash flow through the timely processing of car deals,
contracts, deposits, and bank funding. Responsible for the
security, organization, and completeness of car deal files located
in the general officeESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Realize that during any interaction with customers, the
employee should remember the HERO (Helpful, Exceeds expectations,
Represents us well, takes Ownership) program. The customer is the
highest priority of any employee of Wilson County Motors.
- Responsible for being the primary biller of all retail and
fleet vehicle deals.
- Review car deals submitted to accounting and verify all
required documentation has been completed and all required legal
disclosure has been obtained (i.e., buyers guide, right to privacy,
- Process contracts, assuring all contract "stips" are attached
(i.e., driver's license, bill of sale, title app, insurance
verification, etc.) and all customer signatures are in place. Be
sure to make copies of all information for our files.
- Verify "We Owes" are correctly costed and documented. Preparing
any required bird dog fees or other we owe payments.
- Verify all down-payment proceeds have been appropriately
recorded and receipted.
- Verify computation of dealer gross profit and calculation of
- Submit contract packets to lien holders as needed.
- Promptly finalize and post car deals, verifying the accuracy of
general ledger postings.
- Follow-up with Sales Management on contracts not funded within
- Verify contract funding received inclusive of reserve funding
verifying to general ledger postings.
- Inform the finance department of any funding shortages.
- Reconcile sales department gross profit to accounting
department gross profit.
- Prepare monthly salesperson commission reports.
- Submit trade information to the Inventory Clerk for
- Pay off all trade-in vehicles.
- Calculate and post driver compensation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High school, GED, or similar
- A minimum of three months of experience performing accounting
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient with using a computer for workPREFERRED
- Experience working in an accounting department of an automotive
- Strong experience with using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be organized at work
- Detailed in performing assigned tasks
- Bilingual speaking (Spanish/English)ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM
- Ability to arrive at work on time.
- Familiarity with payroll systems.
- Professionalism when communicating by phone or email.WORKING
CONDITIONS:The employee will be sitting at a desk and working with
a computer for long periods—Ability to lift 20 LBS. The work will
be performed in an open-office environment with other team
members.We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Wilson County Hyundai, Murfreesboro , Billing Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!