Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
QUALITY ENGINEER - AUTOMOTIVE - COLUMBIA, TN
The Quality Engineer assists in the implementation and maintenance
of all quality system requirements including APQP, PPAP, customer
concerns and customer visits, gauging, process control plans,
supplier issues, IATF 16949 elements, customer specific
- Root Cause problem solving
- Establish and implement process control plans to include
capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage
- Provide quality related documents to the manufacturing floor,
including control plans, control cards, visual aids and work
- Monitor production floor processes for conformance to control
plans and customer requirements which includes fit, function,
reliability, durability and reappearance criteria.
- Participate in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Prepare and submit Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
packages ensuring all elements are met per customer
- Develop and implementation of SPC activities, including
originating objectives, goals and time tables, and implementing new
techniques as they become available.
- Perform capability studies on new jobs and in other situations
where they are needed.
- Participates in and performs Layered Process Audits
- Ensures Housekeeping and Health & Safety Standards are
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or
divisional adopted standards such as IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement including
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than
those specified in this description. Education and Qualifications:
- 4-year College or University Degree in Business, Quality,
Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3 to 10 years' experience in a Quality related role, in the
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment based
on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and
- Ability to support and/or lead root cause analysis, disciplined
problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal skills and personal
- Experience in a variety of basic operation disciplines:
Manufacturing, Quality, Process / Tooling and Shop Floor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Work
- Work time will be spent in a standard office environment with
manufacturing plant exposure.
- Temperature and noise may vary depending on external
- Lack of attention and carelessness may result in personal
injury to self or others.
- Personal protective equipment is required on the production
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Murfreesboro , QUALITY ENGINEER, Engineering , Columbia, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!