Manufacturing Engineer (OnSite)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for researching,
developing, evaluating and improving new and existing manufacturing
processes and parameters. The focus will be on optimizing processes
that match the tooling, equipment and facility and provide
efficient, cost effective processes that utilize operators and/or
robotics in a manufacturing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work with program management team members in order to meet
program timing. This will include the following:
- Develop new equipment through RFQ process.
- Develop new equipment run-off criteria.
- Develop training package for new equipment.
- Add new equipment to asset list.
- Update PM requirements on new equipment.
- Update spare parts list.
- Develop trial request form and support all trials.
- Create equipment removal form if necessary.
- Develop set up / parameter worksheet.
- Review lessons learned.
- Participate in product launch customer visits.
- Develop processes and troubleshoot manufacturing process
problems including internal and external complaints.
- Reduce scrap and improve efficiency and cycle times for
assigned processes. Develop and complete continuous improvement
projects to meet cost savings targets.
- Develop and write equipment specifications, performance
requirements, cost analysis, and RFQ for integrating injection
molding machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Assist in training supervisors, leads, operators and
maintenance staff in the safe and proper usage of equipment and
- Work to improve equipment changeovers.
- Writes/updates equipment check sheets, operating standards and
keeps master documents on file.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other
considerations to facilitate the manufacturing/injection molding
- Reviews manufacturing strategy on new product quotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or
related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience in plastic molding & assembly.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Experience in C.A.D. is required.
Must be fluent in English. Able to write routine reports and
correspondence. Able to communicate effectively with peers,
managers, and directors, and to present to groups of customers or
employees of the organization. Values and considers the
perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
Ability to apply advanced mathematics as typically taught during a
four-year college or university course.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete or
abstract variables in standard and non-standard situations. Ability
to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions. Ability to interpret and explain policies and
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analysis, problem solving, process and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including
- Dynamic communication / inter-personal skills.
- Highly organized and possess good decision-making skills.
- Must have demonstrable technical presentation skills.
- Superb computer literacy, including MS Office.
- Excellent attendance record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to
stoop, kneel, sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, and move about the
facility. Required to frequently lift up to 30 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and
ability to adjust focus.
The environment will vary in this position based on assignments.
When working in the office environment, noise is generally
The environment in manufacturing plants and testing labs are often
loud, hot, and with particulates in the air. Working environment
may contain potentially hazardous materials such as acids,
solvents, oils, and common etchants. In such environments,
adherence to PPE regulations is required.
Employees must be able to work additional hours and/or additional
days during the payroll week, which can and will be in excess of
forty (40) hours per payroll week. Working overtime is a condition
Domestic/international travel with/without overnight stay may be
Do you have any questions?
...@MAHLE.COM Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, fork lift,
garden, management, manufacture, mow, plant management, production
Keywords: MAHLE, Murfreesboro , Manufacturing Engineer (OnSite), Engineering , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!