Company: FedEx Logistics
Posted on: September 22, 2022
About FedEx Supply ChainFedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics
industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce
for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and
operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative
approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative
technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best
practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain
delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable
scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through
more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square
feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150
million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For
more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.We Have.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the worlds most
admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!General
Summary.The General Manager Technology Operations works with
Managers (i.e., Operations, Quality Control) and Supervisors to
implement monitor and enhance all aspects of support to include
operational performance, safety, security, productivity, cost
control, customer service, and continuous improvement. The General
Manager is the primary point of contact between the customer and
the Company. He/she has management authority, responsibility, and
oversight of all contractual tasks. Responsible to identify, review
and then follow internal policy to make contract revisions. This
position requires the exercise of independent judgment,
decision-making, and discretion.This position will be responsible
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management
responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching,
skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and
performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and
- Preparing, maintaining and communicating all operational goals
and company Standard Operations Procedures.
- On-going management of facility fiscal performance (Profit and
Loss), yearly budget preparation.
- Monitoring space utilization/layout and maximizing usage/making
- Managing, coaching, mentoring, developing staff to achieve
- Overseeing the recruitment and new hire process and
ensuring/reinforcing the Company culture is being fostered in the
- Monitoring and ensuring departmental/facility performance
metrics are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of all necessary
reports and records regarding facility operations.
- Developing, implementing and directing; equipment preventative
maintenance programs, safety programs, and facility
building/grounds maintenance programs.
- Responsible to identify, review and then follow internal policy
to make contract revisions.
- Monitoring facility purchasing process to include: auditing,
guideline compliance, and approval; creating programs to maximize
cost saving for the Company and customers.
- Ensures facility is maintained to industry regulatory
specifications, if required.
- Responsibility to continuously support, review and enhance
safety of operation.
- Support and enhance workforce optimization program (WFO) to
drive improved Units Per Labor Hour Performance.
- Advise and direct team to improve process efficiency leveraging
engineering time studies per process.
- Continuously develop and support Performance Coaching and
Observation program (PCO) for operations team.
- Evaluate and recommend new technology enhancements to the
operational process that result in improved efficiency and
- Performs other duties as required.You might be a great fit
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or other
related operations discipline is strongly preferred. Alternatively,
military rank at E-8-9/ or O3-O5.
- Span of control is at facility level.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of proven management experience,
preferably in a large, high volume logistics environment
responsible for WMS, QDM, LMS, WFO, PCO, P&L and talent
management of managers.
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support
of our customer relationships.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, particularly with client
relationships; strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general
- A proven track record of mentoring and development of direct
reports and subordinates.CompetenciesInterpersonal Effectiveness
Have positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior
communication skills and high credibility; able to gain
followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable
of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix.
Successfully communicate business strategy, objectives and
performance for external customer updates.Business Knowledge
Thorough understanding of relationships among markets, customers,
competitors, and financials, develops plans and ensures resources
are in place to support the Companys strategic plan.Change
Management Acts as a change agent looking for opportunities to
continually improve processes and workplace. Values innovation,
encourages creativity among teammates, and is willing to take
calculated risk to make positive change happen. Regularly elicits
new ideas from teammates and actively involves him/her and others
in change to ensure cooperation and commitment. Ability to
facilitate process improvement activities with customer engagement
and feedback.Talent Development and Management Be a player-coach
and proven manager/developer of people; capable of hiring,
managing, developing and motivating strong teams.Results Oriented
Possess a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process
improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class
results, especially around cost, cycle time/throughput, and
customer service.Customer Management Develop, foster and grow
positive and professional relationships with executive level
customers and colleagues.Physical/Cognitive RequirementsWith or
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.ADA FedEx
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with
disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.Fed Ex
Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID:
45068Schedule: Full-timeRequsition ID: 45068
Keywords: FedEx Logistics, Murfreesboro , General Manager, Executive , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!