Sr Manager Specialty Retail
Company: Ingram Content Group
Location: La Vergne
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Ingram Content Group (ICG)is hiring for a Sr. Manager, Specialty
Retail, in our La Vergne, TN office. We offer flexible, hybrid
schedules for a mix of onsite and remote work.
As the Sr. Manager of Specialty Retail, you'll manage the
day-to-day operations of the Specialty Retail Sales Team, business,
and services (Retail Merchandising, ROSI program). This person will
develop close and productive working relationships with new and
existing customers, Retail Sales & Business Analytics, Product
Teams, and Marketing Teams. You will work with the VP and Directors
to develop short and long-term plans to maximize the business both
domestically and internationallyAdditionally, this person
willutilize strong product, analytical and interpersonal skills to
develop sales and product merchandising plans that maximize
Ingram's value proposition to retailers. Finally, you will manage a
team of product managers and other functional specialists whose
goal is to maximize revenue and profitability.
The world is reading, and our goal is to connect as many people as
possible with the content they want, simply. If you share that
passion, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to
contribute to a strategic part of a business that is evolving and
expanding, we can't wait to meet you!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent directly related year for year
- 6 years progressive experience in Sales, Marketing or Project
- 5 years previous intermediate to advanced experience in Excel
in creating spreadsheets to include formulas, data manipulation,
charts/graphs and V look-ups
- 5 years of Supervisory/Team or Project lead Experience
- Experience in the publishing industry
- Forms relationships with publishers, customers and internal
- Analyzes customer sales and book industry trends by category to
understand the product needs of the customer.
- Identifies product opportunities that drive profitable business
for the customer and Ingram.
- Creates and provide analysis and advice to both customers and
suppliers to drive the business in a profitable direction.
- Works with suppliers to create prepacks, promotions, and
marketing opportunities using customer marketing vehicles.
- Negotiates, manages and monitors exceptional terms of sale
(TOS) for title-specific business.
- Formulates sales forecasts, determines initial buy quantities
and appropriate sales timing and seasonality.
- Determines title allocations for customers, including initial
orders, replenishment, test titles, author signings and new club
openings with the focus to maximize sales and sell through by
- Analyzes sales trends at category, sku and club level.
Communicates regularly with the Customer and internal departments
about sales and returns tracking trends. Creates key sales reports
and analysis and distribute to relevant parties.
- Develops yearly sales and inventory plans based on historical
performance, forecasts, planned changes in management and strategy
and overall corporate direction for category groups.
- Manages a team of logistics/product specialists.
- Evaluates new customer needs and prepares sales offers,
providing comparison with competitors, to meet those needs
- Sells Ingram Book Group's programs, systems and services to new
- Manages CDF, Indies & National Accounts - Christian
- Identifies prospective customers through business contacts and
participating in industry organizations
- This list is not exhaustive.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous
benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription
Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs,
Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one
low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark -!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits
in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits
throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong &
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group ("Ingram") connects
people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services
for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes
these services seamless and accessible through technology,
innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of
offices and facilities, Ingram's services include digital and
physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning.
Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and
includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC,
Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book
Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group
Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish
Keywords: Ingram Content Group, Murfreesboro , Sr Manager Specialty Retail, Executive , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!