International Logistics Manager
Location: La Vergne
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Employbridge Search Group has a client in Plainfield, IN OR La
Vergne, TN that is looking for a Logistics International
Transportation Manager to join their team. This company has
tremendous room for growth, excellent benefits and a competitive
salary package! Job Duties:
- Provide day-to-day management of and guidance for the
International Transportation function
- Manages all International freight activities by determining the
most advantageous and economical methods of shipment for company
products to meet customer expectations and to ensure that all
International shipments are delivered to the established
- Subject matter expert for International Transportation and will
have experience in providing best-in-class strategies and
- Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the International
Transportation Function (Imports and Exports)
- Creates, identifies and implements effective forecasting and
tracking tools for International Freight.
- Collaborates across the Business Units and Functions to ensure
shipments are moving efficiently and cost effectively.
- Determines the most advantageous and economical methods of
- Provides guidance to team to transposition team members to
manage complex intercontinental transportation issues.
- Develops enhanced processes for International Shipments and
implements interactive quoting, communicating and shipment tracking
platforms with our Freight Forwarders.
- Provides quotations and routing direction for all International
- Develops effective working relationships with our International
Freight Forwarders to secure the most cost-efficient ocean and
ground transportation rates and ensures execution of all required
- Performs an annual RFQ process to ensure continuous
improvement, competitive Ocean, Air and accessorial costs.
- Annually reviews pricing tariffs with Carriers while initiating
bids and managing negotiations for freight contracts.
- Ensures seamless integration between Customer Service, Sales,
Manufacturing and Warehouse Operations to facilitate internal and
external customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates movement of finished goods, raw materials, and
equipment between domestic and foreign operations as well as
- Tracks inbound and outbound shipping activities through the
full purchase order lifecycle to ensure that plants, shipping
schedules, and transportation requirements are being met.
- Manages International Transportation metrics as well as Carrier
improvement programs and reporting strategies.
- Identifies key metrics, effectively tracking performance and
adjusting providers, modes, routes efficiently in order to drove
cost reduced transportation performance.
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly and yearly KPI's are prepared
and published as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on all current events within International
Transportation in order to remain up to date on the latest business
and regulatory trends or high impact occurrences
- Other duties assigned Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 Years of experience in strategically managing global
- Prior experience required managing Carrier/Forwarder
relationships and providing key metrics to help support the
transportation needs of a business or 3PL organization.
- General knowledge and skill with import/export
- Experience working with Freight Forwarders
- Proven ability to take on tasks and drive continuous
Keywords: EmployBridge, Murfreesboro , International Logistics Manager, Executive , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!