Distribution Center Maintenance Manager (Lebanon, TN)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist,
multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of
enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking
candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism.
In this role, you will manage facility and contracted services for
the Distribution Center, including (but not limited to): security,
cafeteria, material handling, janitorial, and facilities to ensure
accurate and timely shipments to REI stores and customers in a way
that supports the Company's business initiatives and
Responsibilities include executing a comprehensive preventive
maintenance program, operating as a liaison with purchasing, and
serves as the building contact for all technical engineering
projects. Job duties include departmental planning, monitoring
expenses, managing department employees and vendor outsourcing
contracts associated with areas of responsibilities. Models and
acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
This role will be supporting our new facility opening in Lebanon,
TN in 2023! Hiring timeline is immediate. Note: Relocation may be
considered for this role for the right candidate!
In this role, you will:
- Develop, monitor, and analyze the annual budget and financial
performance for all non-operational P&L line items. Initiates
and executes Capital Expenditure projects to achieve desired
- Administer the purchasing process within the business unit,
with a focus on facility and maintenance parts inventory control.
Executes all building and material handling service contracts
according to approved scopes of work.
- Develop, execute and monitor a comprehensive preventive
maintenance program that ensures the continual operation of the
building, the grounds, and the material handling systems.
- Responsible for the physical security of the building and team
through management of a 3rd party security organization, alarm and
monitoring system, fire system, and physical security and loss
- Ensures preparedness for disaster situations through designing
and maintaining our Business Continuity program and Emergency
- Technical liaison for all engineering projects within the
building, to include establishing relationships with internal and
- Supervise Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and
programs to include energy management, recycling programs, and
environmental impacts of operations.
- Monitor operational statistics, reports trends, variances and
issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to
ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence
in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Support the implementation of company programs, procedures,
methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenge and inspire employees to achieve business
- Ensure employees adhere to legal and operational compliance
- Oversee training and development of employees directly and
indirectly managed (team of 25+) and makes effective staffing
decisions. This includes annual performance reviews, performance
management, hiring, training, scheduling, and employee
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to employees
in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establish and maintain visibility within the department.Bring
your passion and expertise
- Preferred experience launching a new Distribution Center
- Preferred high-level project management skills and
- 5+ years experience in property or facility management required
in a warehouse or production environment.
- P&L creation and responsibility to include capital
expenditure development and execution.
- 5+ years experience in a functional leadership role in a
warehouse or production environment.
- Expert with with radio frequency (RF) technologies, Computer
Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), and automated warehouse
management systems and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Required 2+ years experience with mechanical, automation,
conveyor support and industrial engineering in a distribution or
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound
judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business
- Consolidates information from various sources including
feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on
internal and external customers.
- Preferred experience negotiating and bidding out contracts for
support services, specifically outsourced security, janitorial and
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective
employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture
where people can do their best.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
- Ability to operate personal computer using MS Office, including
Word and Excel, as well as applications specific to field.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner
consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the
overall Company's best interest.REI hires, trains, and promotes
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making
the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves.
Keywords: REI, Murfreesboro , Distribution Center Maintenance Manager (Lebanon, TN), Executive , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!