Behavioral Health Specialist - FT Nights
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Behavioral Health Specialist - FT Nights - $2,000 Signing
- 2107259Job Clinical SupportPrimary Location
TN-Lebanon-Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (VWCH)Organization
Psych DPU 214063Shift Third ShiftBehavioral Health Specialist, FT
NightsVanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
- $2,000 Signing BonusRole Summary:Performs duties of patient
care necessary to implement individual treatment under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides the psychological,
emotional and physical care and support required by each patient.
Assists in maintaining the therapeutic environment of the clinical
program with occasional guidance.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clinical care consistent with the patient's treatment
plan, including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy,
specimen collection and point of care testing as directed by unit
- Collects data to contribute to the assessment of individual
strengths and limitations.
- Assists patients with showering, oral hygiene, laundry and
other activities of daily living as directed by the assigned
- Provides input to the patient's assigned nurse and other
healthcare professionals assigned to the patient regarding
patient's progress towards treatment goals.
- Promotes and maintains a safe environment conducive to healing
and health promotion.
- Assures orientation of newly admitted patient to the program
and establishes a therapeutic relationship with the patients.
- Provides immediate feedback to the charge nurse about any
safety concerns on the unit.
- Actively participates in gathering patients for groups and
periodically assisting in co-leading groups
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.Department/Unit
Summary:The Behavioral Health program at Vanderbilt Wilson County
Hospital - McFarland campus provides inpatient care for adults with
acute mental health problems. Our team works together to provide
evaluation, stabilization and medical management in a safe
environment. We create a treatment plan focused on patients'
mental, emotional, physical and medical needs. We also provide
resources and support to help patients achieve optimal health.We
offer a 24-hour referral line and intake evaluation with qualified
nurses or master's level social workers. The team works with the
on-call psychiatrist to evaluate and provide recommendations. For
more information about our department, please visit:
- FT Nights: 7p-7a
- Weekend and Holiday RotationDiscover Vanderbilt University
Medical Center:Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a
global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is
a community of individuals who come to work each day with the
simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your
expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your
abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of
culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated.
It is a place where employees know they are part of something that
is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and
never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's
mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent
programs in patient care, education, and research.Vanderbilt Wilson
County Hospital:For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County
Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare - Lebanon) has been a place
of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson
County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the
sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in
Wilson County. Known for comprehensive services, recognized care,
and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the
Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of
2019.Recognition Awards for Quality
- Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee
- The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality
Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
- American College of Radiology Accreditations - Mammography and
- Accredited by American Academy of Sleep MedicineClick here for
more information: www.VanderbiltWilsonCountyHospital.comOur Nursing
Philosophy:We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care
is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of
quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing
is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families
and communities reach excellent health and well-being.Achieve the
Remarkable:Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers:
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
- Sign-On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
- The sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or
former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past 12 months.Job
- Two years college or Completion of a Foundation in Nursing
Course or Army Medic Training (Required)
- Two years experience in a patient care position.
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Continuous: Walking: Moving about on foot.Sensory
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.Environmental
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.INDTR
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Murfreesboro , Behavioral Health Specialist - FT Nights, Healthcare , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!