Registered Nurse RN - PACU
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
We Are Hiring: RN-PACU/Recovery -PRN, DaysSaint Thomas
RutherfordMurfreesboro, TNBe the first smiling face our patients
see after surgery! Join Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford's
Post-Anesthesia Unit (PACU) team. Saint Thomas Rutherford is a
358-bed facility that is stroke certified and has a chest pain
center. We are working towards becoming a Level II Trauma center,
and have been approved for the certificate of need from the state
to perform open heart surgeries. -We are looking for a nurse who is
comfortable caring for patients with a wide variety of diagnoses,
have strong assessment skills and has professional bedside manor.
-What you will do: -As our Post-Anesthesia Unit (PACU) Nurse, you
will care for patients who have gone under anesthesia and are
recovering from surgery. -While your patients are in the PACU, your
job will be to monitor them to ensure their safety while they are
still under anesthesia. You will monitor their vital signs,
including their blood pressure, pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
supply. -Pain management will account for a large part of what you
do in the PACU. Most surgical patients have a lot of pain to deal
with when they wake up, so you will need to be able to properly
administer them the medications which they need to stay as
comfortable as possible. -You will have to decide which patients
are ready to be sent home based on whether they can walk and hold
down fluids and whether any post-surgical complications have
developed.Our PACU nurses also provide emotional support and
information to patients and their families. -Shift and facility
- Cross training opportunity in Pre-op, and Holding/Same Day
- Week day and weekend call is required
- 36 beds -Work Experience:
- 1 of ICU experience -or 1 year of - prior PACU experience. -At
Saint Thomas Rutherford, we offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and
influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while
offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and
their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and
services we provide to the community. Through this development, our
associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company
with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized
care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions
to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.We are
looking for engaged and positive people to help find ways to change
healthcare for the future- if this is you, apply today so we can
start the conversation! What You Will Do: Provide direct nursing
care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of
Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri
Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluate patient's responses to treatments and
- Manage patient's pain.
- Anticipate case-specific needs based on knowledge of
procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit
embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack
resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life.
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient,
family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients,
provide interventions/treatments andevaluate effectiveness of care
to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Evaluate learning needs of patient and family and provide
age-specific and culturally appropriateeducation.
- All other duties as assigned. What You Will Need: Licensure /
Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of
hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180
days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Additional Preferences: No additional preferences. Why Join Our
Team: As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer
rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a
comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical
practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more
than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to
grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey
and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our
associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and
experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking
for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply
today.When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.For further information regarding
your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the
Law" poster:Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants. E-Verify Statement: This employer
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension Health, Murfreesboro , Registered Nurse RN - PACU, Healthcare , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!