Registered Nurse (RN) *$5,000 Sign On Bonus* - 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. - Murfreesboro Inpatient Unit
Company: Alive Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) *$5,000 Sign On Bonus* - 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. -
Nashville Inpatient UnitLocation: Murfreesboro Inpatient
ResidenceStatus: Regular Full TimeSchedule: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.,
rotating schedule, includes every other weekend
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide
outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families, while
working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency,
then we can't wait to speak with you!SUMMARY If you have a passion
for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to
patients and their families, while working within a professional
team focused on clinical excellency, then we can't wait to speak
with you! The Registered Nurse provides hospice care and serves as
case manager for assigned patients. Works with IDT to develop and
implement hospice plan of care. Supervises Care Partners and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using nursing process and current standards of practice
provides nursing care to assigned patients.
- In collaboration with IDT, patient, and family, establishes and
implements hospice plan of care.
- Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent
complications and to alleviate physical and psychological
- Organizes and completes work in an effective and time efficient
- Notifies Medical Director/designee and IDT of patient needs
and/or changes in condition.
- Provides and maintains safe environment for patients, families,
and other employees.
- Completes documentation per procedure and standards of practice
including initial nursing assessment.
- Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
- Administer medications as ordered.
- Educates patients and/or families in disease process, hospice
care, and signs/symptoms of approaching death.
- Implements and follows physician orders.
- Notifies Charge Nurse of significant changes in patient
condition and any unrelieved symptoms.
- Gives complete report to the next shift.
- Reports complaints, issues, and incidents to Charge Nurse,
Clinical Director or IPU Administrator.
- Delivers care in a cost efficient manner.
- Attends patient deaths.
- Supervises LPNs; serves as a resource for LPNs and other
- Works to ensure continuity of care with other shifts and home
- Supervises Care Partners; ensures hospice standards of practice
are followed while providing personal care, hospice plan of care is
followed, infection control practices are followed, documentation
is complete, safety practices are followed, and call lights are
- Orients new staff.
- Performs as Charge Nurse when designated by Clinical Director
or IPU Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Direct
supervisor of Care Partners and LPNs.
CONTINUING EDUCATION The agency requires this position to complete
15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will
contribute to improvements in carrying out the above
responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines
to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including
meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCERegistered Nurse with a current nursing
license, BSN preferred. Ability to apply for TN license within 30
days of hire. Knowledge of or willingness to learn hospice care.
Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience
required. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCurrent TN RN License. Prefer
Keywords: Alive Hospice, Inc., Murfreesboro , Registered Nurse (RN) *$5,000 Sign On Bonus* - 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. - Murfreesboro Inpatient Unit, Healthcare , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!