NICU Nurse Part Time
Company: StoneCrest Medical Center
Posted on: September 23, 2018
Caring. Compassionate. Consistent. Dedicated to the most intensive care on the most precious lives. If these traits describe you, then we want to welcome you to apply to be a part of our established team!!! If you are an experienced RN with a genuine desire to help others welcome new life into the world, then you belong here! The RN Team at StoneCrest Medical Center is a tight knit group of hardworking, dedicated healthcare providers with a passion for improving the quality of our patients' lives. Are you interested in becoming a part of our nursing team? Apply now! Primary Purpose of this Position: To manage individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. ***This position is a Part-Time/Nights opening, so the ability to work evenings on a part-time basis is required*** TriStar StoneCrest is a 109-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 500 employees and more than 300 physicians on staff. StoneCrest, TriStar Health's newest hospital, offers a full array of services including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, women's services, neurosciences, sleep services, orthopedics and oncology. The hospital most recently added robotic surgery, a Level IIB NICU and interventional cardiology services. Patient care and satisfaction is a primary focus, demonstrated by an accredited chest pain center, award winning cancer program, certificate of distinction for primary stroke centers and recognition by The Joint Commission as one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures. The Neo-Natal ICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment, monitoring, and assistance during the Labor and Delivery process.
- Carries out physician orders while ensuring the highest levels of patient care for expectant mothers and their families.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current TN (or compact state) licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: StoneCrest Medical Center, Murfreesboro , NICU Nurse Part Time, Healthcare , Smyrna, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!