Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time, Evening - St Thomas Rutherford Hospital - Murfreesboro,TN, 230pm - 1am with rotating weekends and holidaysWhy Join Employer? Why Saint Thomas Health? Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of , the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve. Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges. What You Will Do at Saint Thomas Rutherford: "At Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital, we feel privileged to care for the people who live in the communities we serve." Gordon Ferguson, President and Chief Executive Officer
Newly opened Clinical Decision Unit
63,000 Emergency Room (ER) visits per yearAccredited Primary Stroke CenterWound Care Hyperbaric Medicine Center2,500 babies delivered per year and level 3 NICU
- Planned expansion of 72 beds, 3 additional surgery centers, and 3 new floors If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. The qualifications you will need: What You Will Do As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity toPerforms routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.Responsibilities:
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician credentialed from the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board prior to hire or transfer date.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Murfreesboro , Medical Lab Technician (MLT), Healthcare , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!