CST - Certified Surgical Tech - Murfreesboro
Posted on: March 18, 2019
We Are Hiring CST - Certified Surgery Tech * Full Time Days * Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital * Murfreesboro, TNWhy Join Ascension? Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve. Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team. Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement. Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare 's toughest challenges. About Saint Thomas Rutherford:
- Newly opened Clinical Decision Unit
- 63,000 Emergency Room (ER) visits per year
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Wound Care Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- 2,500 babies delivered per year and level 3 NICU
- Planned expansion of 72 beds, 3 additional surgery centers, and 3 new floors What You Will Do
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor/track instruments counts throughout procedures.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS Card) must be valid for 90 days post start date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Per TCA68-57-101(a), non-certified applicants must have at least 18 months experience as a surg technologist in the 3 years preceding May21,2007; or began the appropriate training to be a surg technologist prior to May21, 2007, & completed by May21,2010. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Murfreesboro , CST - Certified Surgical Tech - Murfreesboro, Healthcare , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!