Assistant Sous Chef (NE)
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Posting Date Nov 27, 2019
Job Number 19167737
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, 2800 Opryland
Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a
single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest
rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a
self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning
easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a
Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine
excitement and a "consider it done" spirit to work. In return,
you'll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team
of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change?
Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the
daily objectives in the kitchen. Leads staff while personally
assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production;
purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring
guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas,
relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
* Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
* Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and
* Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area
employees in high demand times.
* Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
* Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
* Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate
service and timing of events and meals.
* Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up
to ensure follow through.
* Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for
the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
* Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates
decorative food displays.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
* Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
Supervising Daily Culinary Team Activities
* Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
* Ensures completion of assigned duties.
* Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
* Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing
requests based on required specifications.
* Handles employee questions and concerns.
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
* Conducts employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
* Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
* Monitors employee's progress towards meeting performance
* Conducts training when appropriate.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
* Follows specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish your work.
* Monitors staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
* Places orders for appropriate supplies and manages food and
supply inventories according to budget.
* Participates in department meetings and continually communicates
a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to
produce desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
* Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
* Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Strives to improve service performance.
* Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from
supervisor as necessary.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within
* Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
* Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
* Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
* Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed
to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of
disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Marriott, Murfreesboro , Assistant Sous Chef (NE), Hospitality & Tourism , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!