Guest Service Manager (Holiday Inn Express Murfree
Company: Platinum Companies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Profile Summary:Responsible for ensuring
guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met in
accordance with Company and Brand standards. Develop and achieve a
friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality.
Orient and train front desk staff in departmental roles and
functions. Displays exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Responsible for the short and long-term planning and daily
operation of the front office and related areas. Maintain
professionalism at all times. Possess technical knowledge and
aptitude.Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the
following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and
ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e.
evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety
- Promote the property through goodwill, courtesy and a positive
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving,
departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely
information and services.
- Respond to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding
reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase
occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain current knowledge of local area, attractions and
- Prepare work schedules to efficiently handle business
- Monitor departmental personnel hours worked to prevent
- A major portion of the workday will be spent working the front
- Be proficient in all front desk and guest service
- Act as a liaison between the front desk department and all
- Recruit, train and provide career development for front desk
- Work with management in maximizing revenues, controlling
payroll and department expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
- Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always
updated and actioned upon.
- Identify, create and provide daily/weekly and monthly
occupancy, ADR and forecast reports to management.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable (inclusive of guest
ledger, direct billing, collection activity and balance of the
- Perform interviews and contribute to hiring decision of
- Work closely with management to ensure that the communication
among all departments is frequent and clear.
- Prioritize and resolve escalated customer concerns and
- Conduct frequent inspections of guest rooms and public areas to
ensure quality in all areas.
- Stock, oversee inventory control, and profitability of the
- Fulfill Manager of Duty responsibilities as required.
- Verify monies taken in against PMS reports, record appropriate
- Keep company business including but not limited to, financials,
personnel, guest and customer data strictly
confidential.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Professional appearance and grooming must be adhered to at all
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of
business applications PMS, POS, MICROS (ERP a+) etc.
- Ability to attain and maintain ServSafe/Food handler/Server
permit for Food and Beverage preparation and serving. Beverages may
be inclusive of alcohol - location specific.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Proficient in English, Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to attend and complete Company and Brand training.
Travel may be required.
- Self-starter with effective leadership skills.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Work a flexible schedule.
- Be organized and work well in a fast-paced team
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Stand for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place object weighing less
than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and
below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) in order to drive property
transportation vehicle. (If applicable at your location)
- Brand Certifications preferred.
- Two years' experience in customer service.
- 2 years hospitality experience preferred. IHG, Marriott and/or
Hilton experience a plus.
- High School Diploma required; College Degree is preferred.** To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform duties and meet requirements satisfactorily.Powered by
Keywords: Platinum Companies, Murfreesboro , Guest Service Manager (Holiday Inn Express Murfree, Hospitality & Tourism , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!