Production Supervisor- 2nd/ Off Shift
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Production Supervisor - 2nd / Off Shift will focus, through
production personnel, by directing and coordinating the daily
activities involved in producing products. This position will also
provide leadership to employees by setting the example, exercising
good communication techniques, supporting company's policies and
programs and treating employees fairly and consistently. Focus on
improvement activities by reviewing and analyzing data to determine
areas of opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for providing a safe and productive work
- Explains company policies, business plans and conditions to
employees so they are aware of the operating environment.
- Reviews efficiency, OEE, scrap and profitability reports and
implements strategies to maximize results.
- Investigates deviations in efficiency, scrap, on-time delivery,
PPM and other measurable, determines root cause and works with
direct reports to implement effective countermeasure.
- Develop 5S culture and lead to world class status.
- Ensure that inventory is controlled properly through reporting
and scrapping in production workbench.
- Prepare accurate and timely performance evaluations on
- Provides employees with guidance, counseling, training and
development so the employee can be effective in their
- Studies production schedules and estimates manpower
requirements to meet the schedule.
- Work with program management team members in order to meet
program timing. This will include the following:
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other
considerations to facilitate the manufacturing process.
- Overtime is a requirement for the position.
- This job supervises hourly production employees. 4
- Employees must be able to work additional hours and/or
additional days during the payroll week, which can and will be in
excess of forty (40) hours per payroll week. Working overtime is a
condition of employment.
- Domestic/international travel with/without overnight stay may
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or technical field
from a four-year college or university preferred but not
- Experience in plastic molding & assembly preferred
- Strong analysis, problem solving, process and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including
- Dynamic communication / inter-personal skills.
- Highly organized and possess good decision-making skills.
- Must have demonstrable technical presentation skills.
- Superb computer literacy, including MS Office
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
- Working knowledge of QS9000, ISO14001 and TS16949 standards, as
applicable to the position.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematics as typically taught
during a four-year college or university course.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and explain policies
- Knowledgeable in their duties and responsibilities in
accordance with health and safety compliance.
- Knowledgeable in the company's duties and responsibilities in
accordance with environmental compliance.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001, TS16949, OHSA 18001.
- Excellent attendance record.
Do you have any questions?
Keywords: MAHLE, Murfreesboro , Production Supervisor- 2nd/ Off Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!