Heavy Equipment Technician A- Starting pay $32/hr- $5,000 Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 13, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Heavy Equipment Technician performs repairs
and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light
service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but
are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections,
hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and
emission systems.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical
problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical,
diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel
loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on
engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components,
hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair
orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for
clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with
operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment,
documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e.,
work order times compared to time card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and
oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic
Services Fleet Management Software system.
- Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board
computer, and fleet management software.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires, hydraulics, advanced
electrical, advanced drive train knowledge, suspension, steering
and wheel-end components training as evidenced by ASE
- At least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working
on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service
increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.Mechanical Trade
School certificate or degree
- Certificate in electrical diagnostics.
- Applicable ASE certifications.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.MINIMUM
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out
Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Murfreesboro , Heavy Equipment Technician A- Starting pay $32/hr- $5,000 Bonus, Human Resources , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!