Location: La Vergne
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Company: -US0060 Sysco Nashville, LLCZip Code:37209Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:3
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: -0OVERVIEW:We
offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.JOB SUMMARYDispatches delivery
drivers and provides driver and customer support. Arranges
schedules for workers, equipment, and/or service vehicles for the
conveyance of materials and products. Maintain communications with
all interested parties throughout the delivery process to ensure
and facilitate the best possible product delivery and service.
Update information and systems as required.This job must be carried
out in compliance with all Sysco Corporation Business Conduct and
Ethics Standards, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal,
State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of
2002.The shift for this position will be 11pm to
- Timely dispatches drivers each morning, assuring that each
driver has the correct invoices and all drivers depart terminal
- Completes Absentee and Tardy Forms.
- Makes necessary data input into E-Time and Achievement Based
Compensation (ABC) pay systems.
- Provides driver and customer support via incoming phone calls
to the transportation department.
- Maintains Tripmaster records, driver daily record of status
records (Department of Transporation (DOT) Logs), and driver
- Designates vehicles according to factors, such as length and
purpose of the trip, freight, passenger requirements, preference of
the user, or other factors.
- May makes route adjustments or accommodations for deliveries,
based on time of departure, destination, and expected time of
- Direct activities of drivers, using two-way radio or other
communication and investigate overdue vehicles.
- Possibly confer with customers to expedite or locate missing,
misrouted, or delayed routes, or damaged merchandise.
- Retain a record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other
expenses. May also coordinate the issue of equipment to drivers,
such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as
- High School diploma, General Education Development (GED), or
ability to read, write, and perform mathematics at this level is
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or
related field is preferred.Experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience in Distribution or Food
Service is required.Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) Class A is preferred, but not
- Adjusting actions concerning others' actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information
to develop and evaluate options and implement solutionsPhysical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.NOTICE: The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the
environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This
job description in no way states or implies that the duties and
responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the
employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.This job description supersedes prior job
descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop
the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of
business necessity.Applicants must be currently authorized to work
in the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity-is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Murfreesboro , Dispatcher, Other , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!