Electric Propulsion IRT Co-Chair
Company: General Motors
Location: Spring Hill
Posted on: April 9, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This position will require the candidate to be onsite in Warren, MI
for up to 1 year and onsite in Springhill, TN for approximately 3
years. Candidate may also be required to travel to other GM
facilities including Domestic and International.
The Powertrain & Electrification (PT&E) Issue Resolution Team
(IRT) Co-Chair represents the full PT&E team at both the
pre-production build site and vehicle assembly plant. The IRT
Co-chair is responsible for driving resolution of all build-related
issues for the PT&E team and serves as the first line of
defense for the manufacturing team. This role works in close
collaboration with the PT&E VSE (Vehicle Systems Engineer), the
PT&E product team, calibration team and quality, engaging
engineers from across the SMTs. This is a very "hands on"
assignment with a broad scope of work including hardware, software
and calibration. This assignment also provides a unique opportunity
to learn about many vehicle systems, the manufacturing and vehicle
launch process. This role reports through the PT&E Integration
- Assume leadership responsibility for all build related issues
- Track PRTS issues and ensure that owners provide timely and
- Support the QE in completing the PRTS 4-Diamonds as well as
reject or approve PT&E PRTS issues at Launch PRC stage.
- Provide proper preliminary root cause analysis to ensure
appropriate assignment of PRTS issues
- Identify error-proofing and ergonomic improvement opportunities
and recommend potential solutions
- Ensure all Process Change opportunities are reviewed. (Diamond
- Coordinate Engineering Try-Outs (ETO) and Plant Trial Runs
- Coordinate across the PT&E manufacturing locations and the
respective teams at those sites to alert the program team and
assembly plant of any potential issues.
- Present top issues at build event meetings (Daily Easel Board
Review, VIRT, Wall Review)
- Host IRT meeting to review issues and timing with the
appropriate engineers (AEs, DREs, etc.)
- Escalate unresolved issues to PEM / MIM / PLOM, Area Launch
Manager, and Engineering Group Manager / Director
- Travel to support plant builds as required Additional Job
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering or equivalent experience
- DFSS - Black Belt (recommended)
- 2+ years of post graduation engineering experience
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work
effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Ability in integration and system understanding;
- Extensive level of analytical ability where problems are
unusual or difficult;
- Extensive level of interpersonal skills to work effectively
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes;
- Expert on engineering operations, processes, and best
- Extensive understanding of Specification and Release terms and
- DFSS Certification.
- Extensive expertise within the business unit of leading-edge or
complex technologies, relevant disciplines, theories, or
- Strong understanding of materials, engineering theory and
principles of design.
- Designs and develops solutions to considerably complex
- Consistent collaboration of Global and Regional teamwork for
strategy development and critical issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability of "dealing with ambiguity" to enable
timely decision making.
- Proven leadership skills which translate to high degree of
inner self confidence and ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrated people leader skills and must feel very
comfortable leading Product Engineers who are "matrix" to the
program, not direct reports.
- GVDP, ECR, EWO, TWO, PTR, PRTS processes and system
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a daily basis
- Master of Science - Engineering
- Master of Business Administration
- 7+ years of post graduation engineering experience strongly
- Familiarity with ElectrificationBenefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave
for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you
save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us at
...@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the
specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title
and requisition number of the position for which you are
Keywords: General Motors, Murfreesboro , Electric Propulsion IRT Co-Chair, Other , Spring Hill, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!