Operations Supervisor - Shipping
Company: Ingram Content Group
Location: La Vergne
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Operations Supervisor
to contribute to our Operations team in La Vergne, TN. The
Operations Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operation of the
assigned departments to include supervision of associates for
compliance with company policies and procedures.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
The Operations Supervisor ensures that all TAT times are
observed in accordance with priority work and customer commitments.
Monitors and instructs all associates assigned to shift, and
ensures that throughput is maximized and efficiencies within the
process are observed, with an emphasis on quality standards and
practices. Serves as LSI on-site management for night and/or
weekend shifts when needed.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many
people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want
to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence,
collaboration, innovation, we can't wait to meet you!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory position within a print
production environment, or comparable management experience.
- Supervises the associates assigned to the print floor,
providing adequate resources to ensure maximum throughput and
minimum waste while monitoring all quality standards put in
- Works to ensure that all assigned tasks are accomplished in a
timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of associates including
proper record keeping, time and attendance monitoring and approval,
performance evaluations, and recommendations regarding associate
advancement and/or disciplinary procedures.
- Performs operations on the print floor as required. Quickly
responds and elevates any equipment downtime issues, through
interaction with both internal and external vendor support.
- Tracks product/department processing and completion in
accordance with established TAT schedules and production
- Audits individual productivity and quality to ensure operators
are meeting expected and established standards.
- Identifies root causes of failure to meet these standards and
takes corrective action as needed.
- Compiles a thorough pass-down to inform incoming shift of
current operations status, through an interactive crossover with
incoming management staff.
- Keeps Senior Management aware of all issues that may impact the
ability of the shift to provide effective and efficient production
and meet established service levels.
- Maintains consistent quality assurance standards through
interaction with the Quality team to ensure that orders are
processed completely and accurately.
- Manages multiple distribution systems and processes including
DMS, DOCS, Distribution Management, to ensure timely delivery of
high priority work and ensure all orders are shipped in a timely
Keywords: Ingram Content Group, Murfreesboro , Operations Supervisor - Shipping, Other , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!