Sr. Tax Accountant
Company: Cracker Barrel
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Cracker Barrel is seeking a Sr. Tax
Accountant to join the Home Office. In this role, you will complete
income tax accounting and forecasting as well as intercompany
accounting. You will Supervise tax management of fixed assests,
lead property tax accounting work and oversight of property tax
compliance in addition to other business tax accounting
Tax Accounting and
- Under direction of the Senior Tax Manager, leads income tax
accounting and forecasting processes. Reviews or prepares timely
and accurate GAAP disclosure for SEC and government reporting.
Prepares forecasts of the tax and cash impact of operations,
business decisions, and law changes for senior management and
- Leads intercompany (‘legal entity’) accounting, including
- Recommends technology and develops models for efficient
reporting and forecasting.
- Monitors tax legislation and advises on accounting impact of
proposed tax law changes. Researches and recommends filing
positions to minimize tax burden and optimize cash flow.
- Assures accurate forecasting and efficient procurement of
~$25MM annually of WOTC and FICA TIP tax credits, including testing
systems’ controls and integrity, and assuring accurate internal
- Develops logistics for prolonged or complex accounting tasks,
including year-end closing process.
Fixed Asset Management
and Property Tax Accounting
- Assures accurate reporting and forecasting of tax depreciation
for federal and state income tax purposes, from high-level
activities such as infrastructure design and identification of
resources (e.g. systems, staff, controls ) through basic accounting
needs, such as approval of entries.
- Assures accurate GAAP accounting and forecasting for CB and
subsidiaries personal and real property tax obligations.
- Assists Senior Tax Manager with oversight of property tax
compliance, audits, and appeals, and co-manages relationship with
third party administrator.
Franchise and Other Business Taxes
- Assures accurate reporting and forecasting of franchise tax and
business license and liquor license fees, working with Legal
- Assists Senior Tax Manager with development of logistics for
tracking and reporting.
- Assists peers in tax (Tax Managers and Supervisor) with
compliance and audit, as needed.
- Leads project work. Projects are varied and include supporting
operational initiatives, such as new store openings or implementing
- Participates in Cracker Barrel cross functional teams as needed
as subject matter expert; advises on the tax impact of proposed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
- Four or more years progressive experience in Tax which
includes minimally two years of tax accounting and forecasting
- Experience at a publicly traded company or with ‘big
four’ accounting firm supporting publicly traded companies is
- Advanced accreditation in relevant field (e.g. CPA, JD,
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of federal and income tax
- Familiarity with ERP functionality. Experience with
Infinium and its report writers preferred.
- Experience working with other accounting
- Strong communication skills, both oral and
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excel proficiency required.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, coordinate
multiple assignments simultaneously and complete projects within
- Optimistic, forward thinking.
- High degree of Integrity.
- Strong project management skills.
NOTE: Racism, either
overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People
Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone
brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our
brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia,
represents only what is good about those things. While our décor
and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture
and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.
Keywords: Cracker Barrel, Murfreesboro , Sr. Tax Accountant, Other , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!