We Are Hiring:
Registered Nurse, PACU
1-24 hour weekend shift per 4 weeks.
2 weeknight night shifts per 4 weeks.
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care for
anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or
What You Will Need:
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of
Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri
Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluate patient's responses to treatments and
- Manage patient's pain.
- Anticipate case-specific needs based on knowledge of
procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit
embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack
resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life.
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient,
family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients,
provide interventions/treatments and
evaluate effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient
- Evaluate learning needs of patient and family and provide
age-specific and culturally appropriate
- All other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification /
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of
hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180
days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more