Provide materials support to achieve safety, quality,
productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Intermediate level position where colleague has reached
competency in the discipline. Understands and applies concepts.
Performs varied and more complex tasks, using independent judgment
with minimum supervision. Makes decisions within broad parameters.
May mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the
performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental
strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support
the departmental goals.
- Responsible for assisting in completing cycle counts and
verifying current inventory.
- Responsible for assisting in the maintenance, some programming,
and integrity of the software (currently IGEAR) that collects the
data from production and then enters into QAD.
- Responsible for making adjustments, communicating the
adjustments to Finance and entering the approved adjustments into
- Responsible for updating the tracking spreadsheets
- Assists in overseeing all inventory transactions and reporting
on the master schedule.
- Responsible for assisting in the accurate maintenance of
inventory and records, and timely entry of receipts into the
- Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of the auto-label
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new
processes to improve departmental efficiency.
- Partner with Quality colleagues on maintenance of
- Responsible for the coordination of the annual physical
- Responsible for assisting in plant inventory reduction
- Interact with Production Control & Scheduling and Shipping,
Receiving, Warehouse and Packaging colleagues.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Supply daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports as
- Participate in team problem solving activities and process
improvement activities (ex. 8 D Reporting, Kaizen, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and
quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, Gold Pentastar etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity
and cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for reporting all accidents or injuries, however
minor and all work place hazards to the department leader
- Follow all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in the
performance of daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality
Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Materials Manager. Interfaces on a
frequent basis with Operations, Quality, Finance and Maintenance.
Interfaces on an as needed basis with Engineering, Human Resources
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach materials
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Associates Degree in related field or equivalent
- Three or more years experience in materials.
- Good computer skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to assume responsibility with the corresponding
authority and accountability. Results oriented.
- Excellent follow-up and accountability skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend,
lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel on an
infrequent basis. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts,
vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working
- Responsible for reading and understanding the TS16949 and
ISO-14001 procedures located at K:/winapps/data/TS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a
professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense
understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business
situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers. Maintain a
higher standard of professional conduct and ethics in more complex
business situations such as negotiations with customers or
presentations to management.
Ability to work with the following software packages or
- Microsoft Office at an intermediate level
- Effective email and electronic communication skills are
Ability to work with the following data base programs and/or
- MQ1 database at an intermediate level
- QAD database at an intermediate level
Ability to work with the following tools or machinery
Education and/or Experience:
High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education or experience.