600 Vista Drive, Sparta, Tennessee 38583
8hr-1st Shift (United States of America)
Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at
all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for
decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture
of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
Preventive maintenance (PM) is the regular and routine
maintenance of equipment and assets in order to keep them running
and prevent any costly unplanned downtime from unexpected equipment
- Safely operate any machinery, tools or equipment used.
- Perform simple machine duties and responsibilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. Proper use of PPE is
required at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be
regularly required to:
- Communicate with supervisors, production staff, management,
- This position is very active and requires ability to remain in
a stationary position 60% of the time. Moving 60% of the time,
ability to position self to maneuver between small spaces that are
low to the floor, and ability to ascend/descend self on top of
equipment, roofs, etc.
- The employee must move materials or equipment weighing up to
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Preventative Maintenance Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts
management's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource - Our
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a
competitive, comprehensive benefits package. In addition to
medical, dental and vision plans, company holidays and vacation
days, tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities,
bonus potential, and a 401(k) plan with company contributions,
Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs
and opportunities to make a difference in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual