Director of Emergency Department - Registered Nurse
Posted on: July 21, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Director of Emergency Department - Rutherford Hospital
State: Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville,
Location: Saint Thomas Rutherford
Details: Full-Time, Day
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for
healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What Saint Thomas
Rutherford has to offer:
What You Will Do:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than
the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures
relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our
innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity
of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary
- Professional Development: By supporting our
associates and their professional development, we ultimately
enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through
this development, our associates find new opportunities for career
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health
provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide
range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance
through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the
- Innovative Environment: We are a
progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in
delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health,
we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of
healthcare’s toughest challenges.
Direct development and implementation of
emergency services policies, procedures and strategy.
What You Will Need:
- Develop departmental goals, plans and standards.
- Plan, organize, and direct all activities related to staffing,
including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and
continuing education initiatives.
- Prepare budgets and ensure compliance with allocated funding.
Coordinate and direct internal/external audits.
- Administer and evaluate all clinical activities including care
plan development, service level determination and complaint
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
required.Current incumbents as of 4/30/18 have 6 Months (180 days)
to obtain BLS.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or diploma from an accredited
school/college of nursing required.
- Master's degree or combination of Bachelor's degree and
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Murfreesboro , Director of Emergency Department - Registered Nurse, Other , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!