Technician-Medical Lab (MLT)
Posted on: October 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Medical Lab Technicia (MLT)
St Thomas Highlands Hospital
Job Details: PRN
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic
testing of laboratory specimens.
What You Will Need:
- Perform, validate, interpret, document and report test results
under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assist with data collection and special projects.
- Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical
laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and
- May collect and process specimens.
- Train and mentor non-technical staff and students.
Licensure / Certification /
- Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician credentialed from the
Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board prior to hire or transfer
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Board of
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for
Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of
- Associate’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory
scientist, human sciences; or completed a military 50-60 week
technician program and meets the minimum CLIA requirements; or
education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Murfreesboro , Technician-Medical Lab (MLT), Other , Sparta, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!