Company: R.J. Corman
Posted on: January 15, 2022
R.J. Corman Railroad serves all seven North American major
railroads, many regional and short line railroads and dozens of
industries having rail. Services include owning and operating
seventeen short lines, providing emergency rail services associated
with derailments and natural disasters, switching, track
construction, track material distribution, signal
design/construction, building switching locomotives and operating a
R.J. Corman Railroad Company is currently seeking a Tamper Operator
based at its short line railroad located in Lebanon, TN and
travelling frequently to other company locations.
Candidate must have experience with operating heavy equipment and
be safety oriented. Previous railroad track construction experience
will get preference. Drug and background screen required.
Considered candidates must be willing to travel extensively.
* Operate Specialized equipment (i.e. Mark IV Tamper).
* Performs preventative maintenance on heavy or specialized
* Maintains proper equipment appearance and cleanliness.
* May perform labor duties as needed.
* Communicates with supervisor throughout the job process.
* Practices safe working habits.
* Ensures working conditions are safe and that proper PPE is being
used as job duties require.
* Follow DOT regulations; ensuring proper permits and driving
regulations are followed.
* Safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment as needed.
* Railroad construction experience preferred, but not required.
* Promote a safe work environment.
* Ability to communicate well with co-workers, customers, and
* Ability to operate power tools.
* Computer experience preferred.
* Must be mechanically inclined
* Have a working knowledge of hydraulics/electronics.
Physical Requirements: Mobility to participate in frequent travel
to and from the project location; ability to operate heavy
equipment; Agility to navigate into confined spaces if
Environmental Conditions: Performs duties in multiple environments
including outside construction project settings, in and around
moving vehicles and equipment. Exposure to weather elements; must
wear appropriate PPE required for the project site.
Benefits: R.J. Corman Railroad Group, LLC is committed to providing
its employees and their families with quality benefits effective on
first day of hire. R.J. Corman offers health, dental, vision,
voluntary short term disability, voluntary long term disability,
voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance, voluntary
hospital indemnity insurance, voluntary identity theft protection,
maternity leave, and flexible spending account benefits to all
full-time employees. Other non-health benefits include paid
holidays, paid time off, the Employee Assistance Program and a 401K
retirement savings plan.
R.J. Corman Railroad Company offers participation in Railroad
Retirement for individuals serving in this role.
R.J. Corman Railroad is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action employer that is committed to a safe and drug
free work place. R.J. Corman performs pre-employment criminal
background checks and substance abuse testing which includes a hair
and urine drug tests to detects the presence of illegal drugs. We
appreciate your cooperation in keeping R.J. Corman a safe and drug
Keywords: R.J. Corman, Murfreesboro , Tamper Operator, Other , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!