Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The Painter will use paint application techniques and
equipment to professionally finish exterior surfaces of assembled
and unassembled valves, components or other items to support the
facility as required. Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual
bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time,
paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent
benefits! Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Review area of the valve(s) to be painted; determines quantity
of paint to use for the job order.
- Identifies appropriate paint colors, mixing if needed.
- Safely prepare surfaces to be painted, which may include
cleaning with alcohol and using compressed air methods.
- Masks, removes, covers, or otherwise protects non painted
- Applies paint to exterior surfaces using brushes and/or
- Complies with safety, chemical and waste storage and disposal
- Maintain cleanliness of paint equipment and perform necessary
housekeeping and safety duties as required.
- This position may require material handling tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including willingness to
move to other areas of the plant as needed. Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 1+ year experience in a manufacturing environment is
- Previous painting experience in a manufacturing environment or
other painting related role is required.
- Prolonged periods of standing and painting.
- Must be able to distinguish among colors.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to hang units on paint line as
well as take down and prepare for shipment.
- Lifting, bending, twisting of shoulders and use of arms in an
outreaching position is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Daily use of painting equipment and manual dexterity is
- Must be able to be respirator certified.
- Ability to work overtime as required. Preferred Experience /
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English and
provide consistent work.
- Ability to mix paint per standard procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate tasks to meet
delivery requirements. \#COS Primary Posting Location: Cookeville,
Tennessee US Job Posting Category: Operations Job Advertising
Title: Painter Employment Type: Full time Country: United States
Auto req ID: 56617BR Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and
makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender,
disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more.
Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click
here to learn more. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Accessibility Process. id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Murfreesboro , Painter, Other , Gainesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!