Construction Sheet Metal Mechanic
Company: Lee Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary of Job: Perform journeyman level construction,
installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products and
equipment in accordance with blueprints, drawings and work orders;
provide technical guidance and direction to lower level
employees.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are
not limited to)
- Install, alter and repair sheet metal products and equipment -
ducts and hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings and
- Plan and coordinate tasks and amount of material required for
performance of work.
- Prepare and implement equipment based on need. Including, but
not limited to power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears,
pan and box brakes, lock-formers, cleat benders, and rollers to
cut, punch, thread and form sheet metal.
- Coordinate and Assemble ducts, hoods and other sheet metal
products. Tasks include, but are not limited to solder and bolt
connections; apply insulation as required; inspect assemblies and
installation for conformance with specifications.
- Quality Assurance - operational checks of ducts and other sheet
metal installations to determine quality and any necessary
corrective action that may need to be taken.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced
- Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from
one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.Skills and
- Minimum of 4 years experience in sheet metal installation and
- Experience should be related specifically to assembling hoods
and sheet metal air-conditioning and heating units.
- Proven working knowledge and experience in ability to read and
interpreter blue prints accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic,
thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as
well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with
- Ability to work independently in commercial and construction
settingsLee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin,
veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or
family and medical leave.Required
Keywords: Lee Company, Murfreesboro , Construction Sheet Metal Mechanic, Other , Watertown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!