Little Sprouts Early Childcare Assistant
Company: Murfreesboro City Schools
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionMurfreesboro City Schools Job Description: Little
Sprouts AssistantLittle Sprouts is seeking an experienced childcare
assistant to be responsible for providing assistance to the lead
teacher during the hours of 11:45am - 5:30pm. As the assistant, you
will work closely with the lead teacher in conducting daily duties
such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, recording
info to daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play,
assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe
environment.To be successful as a childcare assistant, you must
possess a passion for children and exercise patience with them. You
should display a friendly and positive attitude and greet parents
and children by their name. You will constantly monitor and
supervise the children in your care to ensure their safety.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This person
must be courteous, respectful, and protect the privacy of students
and parents. Behavior and dress must be professional. This person
must demonstrate a positive and helpful attitude, be creative and
detail oriented, maintain documentation, work cooperatively with
school personnel, have good written and verbal communication
skills, effectively follow and give direction, and use good
judgement in decision making. PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS: Must be
able to see, hear, and move quickly enough to provide for the
safety and instructional needs of children. Must be physically
interactive throughout the day (i.e. be able to stand for extended
periods of time, stoop, bend, do light lifting, push, pull). Must
have emotional coping skills appropriate for the management of
student, staff, and parent behavior. Must tolerate environmental
smells and substances commonly associated with children and
educational institutions.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor children at all times. Children should always be within
your view in the building, outside, and during off campus
activities. Never leave children unattended for ANY reason.
- Plan for a group of up to 20 children.
- Complete required professional development hours each school
calendar year and attend PD opportunities as assigned (staff
working with PreK must completed an additional 6 hours of literacy
- Demonstrate imagination and resourcefulness in working with and
planning for students.
- Plan enrichment activities for students during the school year,
as well as fall, winter and spring break, summer, and
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings.
- Adhere to ESP policies and Murfreesboro City Schools
- Providing support for the lead teacher.
- Assisting your co-teachers in maintaining a safe and positive
- Cultivating relationships with children, parents, and
- Alerting the Director with emergencies.
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Greeting parents and addressing children by their name.
- Adhering to procedures in preparing a bottle, changing a
diaper, and cleaning.
- Assisting with sand, water, or playground activities.
- Assisting in putting children to sleep.
- Recording daily activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to
reporting incidents, cleaning, and completing accident and behavior
reports when required.
Keywords: Murfreesboro City Schools, Murfreesboro , Little Sprouts Early Childcare Assistant, Other , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!