Company: General Motors
Location: Spring Hill
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description Manufacturing - Production Worker - Temporary
Full TimeProduction Team Members are hardworking and ambitious
workers who are responsible for assembly,machining, quality checks,
tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and
equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing
team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles
are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. The goal of the General
Motors total rewards program is to support the health and
well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation
plan incudes the following benefits:
- Paid and non-paid time off is granted after working (120)
- Paid holidays after 90 days worked
- Healthcare after 90 days of active employment
- GM employee pricing discount authorizations available
- Part-time temporary employees will be considered for full-time
temporary employee positions based on length of service Work
Requirements:Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the
essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands
required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
- Perform a variety of duties, including bench, floor, or
conveyor assembly work involving standardized work elements.
- Use computerized equipment and engage in activities such as
machine resets and quality checks.
- Perform predictive, preventive, and reactive maintenance
activities on all equipment in assigned work area.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work
instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as
required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant
- Regularly report for work on time to support production startup
and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific
physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and
tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety
glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate
controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and
periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a
wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive
vehicles and equipment. Additional Job Description These are
temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available
with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not
continuouslyInterested individuals must meet the following minimum
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which include hair drug testing and a
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts
with little notice Diversity Information General Motors is
committed to being a workplace that is not only free of
discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and
belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an
environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested
candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications
and apply for any positions that match your skills and
capabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity Statements The policy of
General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants
and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age,
race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to
all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or
application for employment, email us at or call us at . In your
email, please include a description of the specific accommodation
you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number
of the position for which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Murfreesboro , Assembly operator, Other , Spring Hill, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!