Patient Services Representative
Company: Special Kids, Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Ensures efficient operations of the Nursing Center by performing
the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Greets visitors and callers and handles inquiries or directs
them to the appropriate people according to their needs.
- Answers multi-line telephone system, gives information to
callers and takes messages or transfers calls to appropriate
- Returns phone calls and email messages in a timely and
- Listens respectfully and calmly to families'
grievances/complaints and communicates their concerns to Nursing
- Participates in ensuring safety and security of patients and
staff by following policies and procedures related to entry to
building, infection control, fire code, electrical safety, Safety
Data Sheets (SDS).
- Checks patients in and out through the electronic medical
record system (EMR).
- Enters staff assignments provided by Lead Nurse into EMR.
- Cancels patient appointments and enters reason for cancellation
in EMR, as notified by nurses and parents.
- Collects and records payments, and forwards payments for
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machine, copier, scanner
and phone system, and arranges for repairs when equipment
- Manages paper and electronic filing systems accurately by
recording information, updating and scanning paperwork, and
maintaining documents such as intake paperwork, annual paperwork,
attendance records and student, visitor and volunteer logs.
- Enters and maintains patient information in the EMR.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, completes purchase
order (PO) requests, places monthly orders for supplies and
schedules maintenance and repairs after purchase orders are
- Processes medical records requests according to policy and
- Liaises with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule, orient and
- Tracks attendance and tardies, generates related reports, and
individualizes letters from templates for attendance and
- Generates, posts and distributes communication flyers and
- Assists with Faxing documents and order requests to patients'
- Assists Therapy Center administrative/front office staff when
necessary to keep the incoming fax cue at a reasonable level,
routing and labeling documents accordingly.
- Assists with kitchen duties such as laundry, dishwashing and
occasionally meal and snack preparation.
- Cleans work area and equipment as assigned and as needed
throughout the workday.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participate in other
activities to promote professional growth. Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma
(formerly General Education Degree GED); related experience and/or
training in a medical office preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic
computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office software
and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications
such as electronic medical records (EMR). Experience with EMR
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
AHA BLS Provider Certification with skills testing.
Keywords: Special Kids, Inc., Murfreesboro , Patient Services Representative, Other , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...