Logistics Supervisor - Murfreesboro, TN
Company: General Mills
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Perform as a front-line leader in fast-paced, complex manufacturing
facility: lead, motivate, and support employee training to drive
losses out of our systems, provide Logistics leadership, and
champion teamwork. Ensure compliance with safety, quality, and
sanitation requirements. Function as a technical and business
resource in a finished good palletizing and raw material/packaging
warehouse. Establish and sustain effective relationships with all
employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and
cooperation are used to solve problems. Responsibilities include
being a great resource and providing support for your team,
facilitating training, assigning and directing work, driving
accountability, resolving problems, and leading projects or
continuous improvement initiatives.
Murfreesboro is a high performing, multi-platform non-union
facility with over 1000 employees leading the safe, high quality
production of a wide range of products. The plant supports the
Yoplait and Baking Operating Units across 27 production lines. The
Logistics Supervisor position will play a critical role in leading
a zero loss culture specifically for our Yoplait business and
sitewide Logistics standards.
* Perform as a front-line leader in a complex food manufacturing
facility, providing coaching, support, and direction to members of
a work team.
* Provide business leadership which demonstrates commitment to
department and plant goals on a daily basis
* Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees
in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation
are used to solve problems.
* Promote positive employee relations through effective conflict
management and issue resolution.
* Conduct regular team meetings which include effective
collaboration and communication of organizational and policy
* Function as a technical resource in areas of logistics management
and warehouse management systems (i.e. Supply Chain Principles, Red
Prairie WMS & SAP).
* Facilitate effective sharing of information across work teams,
business areas, and functional areas.
* Manage Logistics department budget and take appropriate action to
ensure budget goals are achieved.
* Work and/or attend meetings during other shifts (including
off-shifts and/or weekends) as necessary.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Minimum 2 years of Logistics leadership experience in a
* Bachelors degree
* Effective computer skills including working knowledge of Red
Prairie, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Flexibility to work on assigned shift; other shifts, weekends,
and holidays as required.
* Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
* Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Desire and ability to lead change in a fast-paced, complex
* Commitment to results/execution.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment
Keywords: General Mills, Murfreesboro , Logistics Supervisor - Murfreesboro, TN, Professions , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!