Production Associate (2nd Shift)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
2nd shift employees are offered a $1.00 per hour shift
Carvana is also offering a $500 sign-on bonus for this role!
* $15.50 per hour plus overtime opportunities
* Additional $1 per hour shift differential for 2nd shift
* Full-time hourly position
* Comprehensive benefits package with paid time off as detailed
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise is
simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell to
our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers
around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and
photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that
every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our
customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying
experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented
individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below
to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As a Production Associate you will have the opportunity to work at
one of our Inspection Centers, while being responsible for moving
our vehicles through our reconditioning process. Qualifying
candidates must love helping people, enjoy being part of a team,
and possess the drive to help achieve superior customer
satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic,
self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with
all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Facilitate the reconditioning process by moving vehicles from one
department to the next.
* Wash and physically clean vehicles that are going through the
* Inspect the interior and exterior of the vehicles for cleanliness
and accurately identify any imperfections that are within or
outside Carvana vehicle standards.
* Properly handle Carvana photography equipment to take photographs
of vehicles using handheld camera devices.
* Apply Carvana lean manufacturing principles and follow
standardized work by adhering to the 5S model.
* Other duties as assigned.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 4:00pm to 2:30am.
Hours of operation are subject to change based on business needs.
You may also be required to work overtime to support those business
needs and will be given as much advance notice as possible.
What you should have
This position is an entry-level position that requires someone who
is interested in beginning their career in the automotive industry
and is interested in working for a company that promotes from
within. Requirements include:
* The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in
* A valid Driver's License.
* A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team
environment and achieve production goals.
* Ability to physically operate equipment and use appropriate
vehicle cleaning equipment.
* Goal-oriented, team player that isn't afraid to get their hands
dirty and dive right into the day-to-day.
* Ability to follow Carvana standardized processes when it comes to
our vehicle reconditioning standards.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
It would be great if you also had
* Experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean
* Experience detailing or washing vehicles.
* Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company.
The Production Associate will report to the Line Lead and will be
an hourly full-time position. No travel is required.
What we'll offer in return
* Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
* On the job training
* 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
* Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
* 100% employee paid Healthcare Premiums
* 401k with company match
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
* Vehicle Discount
* A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing
for varied and rapid career development
* A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have a valid driver's license
* This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
* Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
* Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in
an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have
fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
* Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
* Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited
to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other
protective garments and equipment
* Requires frequent driving and computer data entry
* Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Carvana, Murfreesboro , Production Associate (2nd Shift), Professions , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!