DISTRIBUTION CENTER MERCHANDISE PREP ASSOCIATE- HIRING IMMEDIATELY
Company: Ashley HomeStore
Location: La Vergne
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Ashley HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in
North America, has immediate openings for Distribution Center
Merchandise Prep Associates! The ideal candidate is responsible for
opening, assembling, and inspecting all merchandise that is
assigned to them for delivery.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING :
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Opportunity for advancement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
* Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Prep Line employees are responsible for moving all merchandise to
their assigned lanes and verifying all merchandise assigned to the
lane using reports.
* The employee is responsible for removal of all merchandise from
cartons as well as packaging materials, moving all trash to the
sanitation area once the lane is done, and keeping the work area
clean, organized in order to meet all safety requirements.
* The Prep Line employee will build all furniture which requires
assembly, inspecting all merchandise for damages, marking flaws and
notating them on the report. The employee will repack damaged
merchandise that is beyond repair and timely notifying shop
technicians when repairs are needed.
* Prep Line employees work closely with the shop techs to ensure
that all items are repaired, prepped and ready for next day
* High school diploma required.
* Ability to communicate in the English language in both speech and
* Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through
* Demonstrates a customer focus.
* Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs or more with assistance
* Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
* Ability to use a two wheeler.
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
* Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
* Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to read
reports, view computer screen, etc.
* Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with
* Must be able to speak so that others will be able to
* Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time
* Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to perform repetitive
tasks with both hands to include keyboarding, handwriting,
office/POS equipment and handheld equipment operation.
* Will remain on one's feet in an upright position and move about
* Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above
* Will lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. or more with
assistance.; transport loads of up to 100 lbs or more.
* Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; Potential
exposure to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals,
biological odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley
Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
Keywords: Ashley HomeStore, Murfreesboro , DISTRIBUTION CENTER MERCHANDISE PREP ASSOCIATE- HIRING IMMEDIATELY, Professions , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!