Posted on: September 24, 2022
This position is located in Lebanon, TN.
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise is
simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell to
our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate
condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers
around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and
photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana
Certified 150-point inspection process, we're able to verify that
every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our
customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying
experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented
individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below
to see what we're looking for!
About the team and position
As an Inventory Associate I, Detail you will have the opportunity
to work in the detail department at one of our Inspection Centers.
This role will be responsible for washing and cleaning the interior
and exterior of the vehicle during our reconditioning process.
Qualifying candidates must love helping people, enjoy being part of
a team, and possess the drive to help achieve superior customer
satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic,
self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with
all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Wash and physically clean vehicles that are going through the
- Vacuum, prep and detail vehicles to ensure they meet Carvana
- Apply Carvana lean manufacturing principles and follow
standardized work by adhering to the 5S model.
- Maintain a high-level focus on interior cleaning of the
vehicles including seats, carpets, floor mats, stains, trunks,
dashboards, center consoles, door seals, seat belts, headliners,
and other interior repair work as needed.
- Use provided wash hoses and equipment to physically spray down
the exterior of the vehicles including the engines, wheels, wheel
wells, and rims.
- Perform any additional interior repair work that may be needed
on a case-by-case basis or in relation to the interior cleaning of
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
This position is an entry-level position that requires someone who
is interested in beginning their career in the automotive industry
and is interested in working for a company that promotes from
within. Requirements include:
- The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in
- A valid Driver's License
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team
environment and achieve production goals.
- Ability to physically operate equipment and use appropriate
vehicle cleaning equipment
- Goal-oriented, team player that isn't afraid to get their hands
dirty and dive right into the day-to-day
- Ability to follow Carvana standardized processes when it comes
to our vehicle reconditioning standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean
- Experience detailing or washing vehicles
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
The Inventory Associate I, Detail will report to the Line Lead,
Detail, and will be an hourly full-time position. No travel is
What we'll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 100% employee paid Healthcare Premiums
- 401k with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere,
allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in
an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have
fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not
limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask,
and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and computer data entry
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Carvana, Murfreesboro , Production Associate, Professions , Lebanon, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!