Forklift Operator, Stand-up, 2ND Shift, PT, LaVergne, TN
Company: Scholastic Book Fairs
Location: La Vergne
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*This is a Part-Time, Benefited Position with a $2,000 Sign-on
Bonus. To qualify for the 2nd Shift position, candidate must be
able/available to work Monday through Fridays as scheduled.
Schedule shift time is 2:00-10:00pm. We will be reaching out to you
to schedule interviews . Our hire process is done completely
on-line, so it is critical that you have access to the email you
apply with and respond quickly.*
Associates with the title of Power Equipment Operator must
demonstrate proficiency and meet all productivity and quality
requirements of the following duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operate battery-operated and/or gas-powered equipment, (other
than motorized pallet jacks), for the purpose of transporting
product to and from inventory storage locations within the
facility. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, Forklifts,
Stockpickers, Wave Work-Assist vehicles, Sit-Down and Stand-Up
Counterbalanced trucks, Reach trucks, etc.
2. Must follow all power equipment rules and regulations, including
any regulatory agency policies, to include OSHA.
3. Must use all personal protective safety equipment, including
lanyards and harnesses to be worn at all times when operation
4. Must follow all facility safety rules and regulations at all
5. Demonstrate the ability to perform all scanner functions
necessary for the position, including cycle-counts, replenishment,
item inquiry, inventory putaway, etc.
6. Ensure all product is stacked neatly and safely when moved via
power equipment and when stored in rack or staging locations
7. Maintain accuracy of all inventory movement at all times.
8. Inspect and perform or assist in equipment maintenance as
required; report any unsafe conditions to management.
9. Responsible for the careful handling of all merchandise,
avoiding damage, bending or tearing.
10. Participate in Physical Inventory and Customer Appreciation
Warehouse Sale events.
11. Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or
quality standards for the work performed.
12. When necessary, assist in the processing of returned book
fairs, by unpacking metal cases, boxes, and displays with book and
non-book product, according to corporate process and procedure and
meeting productivity and quality standards.
13. When necessary, assist in the picking and packing of customer
14. Ensure that your work area is neat, clean, safe, and organized
at all times.
15. Individually, and in partnership with other co-workers, perform
seasonal inventory production-line resets.
16. When applicable, assist in the loading and unloading of trucks.
The loading and unloading of trucks may or may not require the
assistance of mechanical devices.
17. Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly
utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report
any unsafe conditions, damaged equipment or injury (to self or
co-worker) to your supervisor or manager immediately.
18. Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling
19. Accurately and timely complete Labor Data Collection Cards to
according to company standards.
20. Maintain attendance and punctuality as required by assigned
work schedule and within company standards.
21. Maintain a courteous and positive relationship with all
co-workers and customers.
22. Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
23. Any and all additional duties as assigned.
* Job Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
2. Must be trained and licensed to operate power equipment
3. For non-internal promotions, candidates must have a minimum 1
year power equipment operation experience.
4. Requires satisfactory completion of a forklift training
5. Ability to demonstrate basic product scanner proficiency (i.e.,
ordering replenishment) effectively with minimal errors.
6. Strong team player and the ability to get along with
7. Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and
ability to read documents in English, such as safety rules,
operating instructions and procedure manuals.
8. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health savings account
* Referral program
* 4 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Scholastic Book Fairs, Murfreesboro , Forklift Operator, Stand-up, 2ND Shift, PT, LaVergne, TN, Professions , La Vergne, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!