Maintenance Specialist - Injection Mold
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Maintenance Technician (Injection Molding) position is
responsible for performing highly diversified duties related but
not limited to the Injection Molding process as installations,
troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of production equipment
according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems
and processes to support the achievement of the site's business
goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Monitor, repair, and maintain production equipment to ensure
continuous production (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics repairs).
Performs advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, and general
repairs. Provides standard solutions focusing on complex, often
ambiguous, maintenance issues.
- Identify and diagnose technical and operating problems
associated with machinery and equipment, also, determine and
initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Work in a team atmosphere to improve repair and maintenance
- Participate in developing action plans to resolve problems with
safety, quality, production, delivery and 5S.
- Prepare maintenance work orders and ensure compliance with
Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Document improvements and problems with robots, presses,
secondary equipment, etc., and recommend and participate in the
implementation, modification, or enhancement of machinery and
equipment to improve safety operations or ensure that operations
are in line with the new/improved specifications and
- Ability to disassemble, clean, lubricate, fit and reassemble
necessary manufacturing equipment; fill out the required
documentation for required parts or actions taken for this
equipment and other necessary auxiliary equipment.
- Work with production producers to stop/start, monitor and
respond to machines, automation equipment and material loading
system alarms to sustain machine service running time. Take or
initiate corrective action to bring machines, auxiliary equipment
and processing issues to resolution.
- Develop and use skills to use control panel data to help
troubleshoot machine alarms, product defects and equipment
- Help to coordinate with line leads, set-up technicians or
supervisors the status of machines, equipment and part defect
reduction efforts for daily production and special instructions to
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts to reduce
scrap, cycle times, improve efficiency and eliminate waste within
the production environment.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Maintain clean, organized, safe working environment with
equipment and materials located in proper locations in accordance
with 5S standards inside and outside of facility.
- Ability to work all designated shifts.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is
- Industrial Maintenance training at a technology center or trade
- 3 to 5 years of experience on Injection Molding machine repair,
maintenance, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and motor controls
Must be fluent in English. Able to read/write routine reports and
correspondence. Able to communicate effectively with peers,
managers, and directors, and to present to groups of customers or
employees of the organization. Values and considers the
perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
Ability to do mechanical math functions, including using decimals
and fractions, an understanding of weights, temperatures, pressures
and measurement conversion.
- Ability to convert Imperial and Metric temperatures, volumes
and pressures as used in molding operations.
- Knowledge of ladder logic and schematic prints.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic & Pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of volumes.
- Knowledge of pressures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analysis, problem solving, process and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Dynamic communication / inter-personal skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex machine and component
- Highly organized and possess good decision-making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to
stoop, kneel, sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, and move about the
facility. Required to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and
ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of the job, may work prolonged periods
under high heat and humid conditions inside the facility; and
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, and vibration.
The environment in manufacturing plants and testing labs are often
loud, hot, and with particulates in the air. Working environment
may contain potentially hazardous materials such as acids,
solvents, oils, and common etchants. In such environments,
adherence to PPE regulations is required.
Employees must be able to work additional hours at the end of each
shift, additional days during the payroll week, which can and will
be in excess of forty (40) hours per payroll week. Overtime is a
requirement for the position.
Domestic travel with/without overnight stay may be required.
*No Sponsorship Available* Associated topics: backfill, crew, dig,
grounds maintenance, ice, landfill, landscape, maintenance,
Keywords: MAHLE, Murfreesboro , Maintenance Specialist - Injection Mold, Professions , Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!