Journeyman Lineman -10K Bonus-Relocation to Wyoming
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: November 14, 2019
Job SpecificationsSeveral experienced Journeyman Lineman needed in
Wyoming. You must have completed a four year apprentice program to
be considered. This important role will provide new overhead and
underground electric service to customers. --You will perform work
in construction and maintenance of overhead and underground primary
and secondary lines.--Black Hills Energy does not sponsor
applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally
authorized to work in the US.SALARY:--$45.71 / hour - $10,000
sign-on bonus is offered for this position!LOCATION:-- Cheyenne,
Wyoming: The very name Cheyenne conjures up images of cowboys,
rodeos and trains around the world. Today's Cheyenne is all of that
and more. From the world's largest outdoor rodeo and Western
celebration to world-class mountain biking, climbing, and camping,
a visit to Cheyenne offers great opportunities. Learn more about
living in Cheyenne: .
CLOSING DATE:-- -- This position will remain open until
filled.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:---- Electric Operations
SupervisorESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and connect overhead and underground services and
- Erect and set poles, pull wire, and connect transformers;
troubleshoot issues related to these operations.
- Perform hot work (up to and including 25 KV).
- Install, maintain and remove overhead and underground
- Performs switching for District and System Control.
- Check customer's voltage/sets, monitors, and reads recording
volt meters when necessary.
- Locates and repairs underground cable faults.
- Run primary and secondary spans and repair primary and
- Open and close cutout door to energize or de-energize lines and
- Complete service orders to set and remove meters.ADDITIONAL
- Collections and reconnects/cut offs for non-pay.
- Trim Trees.
- Investigate "Lights Out".
- Vehicle maintenance.
- Repair and install PAL lighting.
- Maximeter lines and transformers.
- PCB tests/clean up.
- Substation operations - reads 230 KV subs and makes out
reports/inspects and reports targets on all subs, re-sets alarms,
sync lines, etc.EXPERIENCE:
- Completed a qualified four (4) year apprenticeship program or
- High school diploma or equivalent.KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of Black Hills Energy Electric Distribution
System and Company property, lines, safety practices and
- Thorough knowledge of electrical standards for construction of
the electrical system, methods and materials.
- Familiarity with tests voltage for all distribution transformer
- Locate underground cable.SKILLS/ABILITY/OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service
- Must possess and maintain a valid Wyoming CDL Class A, with air
brake endorsement or have the ability to obtain one within the
first 90 days of employment.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must live within 30 miles and 30 minutes of the Cheyenne
Service Center.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and move object.
- Be a proficient pole climber.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and
squatting to access tasks.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated
work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access
- Gripping and pulling with both hands up to 120lbs of
- Hand-eye coordination, lifting, one arm carry, overhead lifting
and reaching, repetitive wrist twisting motion.
- Must have acute vision with or without correction.-- Ambulate
varying terrains, surfaces and elevations and work with color
- Ability to pull downward, horizontal, overhead reach and
- Upper extremity coordination to prepare materials for
installs.About our Company: We are a customer focused,
growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities.
We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be
the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique
perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based
in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve
1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight
states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa,
Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9%
company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time
off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid
holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and
long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health
and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision
insurance.The information contained in this position description
describes the general nature and level of work being performed in
this job.-- This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in
this position.-- The incumbent is responsible for performing all
duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work
procedures and safety regulations.-- This job description is not
intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment.---- Job
descriptions may and do change periodically.---- Where positions
are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms
and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will
apply.Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work
visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Murfreesboro , Journeyman Lineman -10K Bonus-Relocation to Wyoming, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!